2017.03.25 through 04.07 Week 13 and 14
This was the spring break between the winter and spring trimesters. The first week was spent in Florence. My godson’s dad, Mike Cooper came to Florence for a few days to see the sights. On Thursday, March 30, I had my immigration interview and processing which included finger and palm printing, If all goes well I will get my “green card’ in about one month.
On Friday the 31st of March we travelled to London. Besides glorious weather, I had some great experiences. This included:
- The Howard Hodgkins Absent Friends exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery
- The Gillian Waring and Claude Cahun exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery
- The David Hockney retrospective (60 years) at the Tate Britain.
- The Michelangelo and Sebastiano show at the National Gallery
- The “American after the Fall” show at the Royal Academy
- The “Russian Art 1917-1932” show at the Royal Academy
- The Radical Eye: Modernist Photography form the Sir Elton John Collection at the Tate Modern
- The Vanessa Bell retrospective exhibition at the Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Photographs by Vanessa Bell and Patti Smith at the Dulwich Picture Gallery
- And of course the great art at these museums
- Kew Gardens “The Hive“. The Hive is the design of UK based artist Wolfgang Buttress. It was originally created as the centrepiece of the UK Pavilion at the 2015 Milan Expo.
Besides this I spent at nice weekend in the Cotswolds at my godson’s father’s house; time in Lewisham at Phil and Carly Cooper’s house; and with my dear friends Chrissie and Dave Clarke in Kew. I was also happy to see and visit with Nick and Lavinia Grimshaw. Nick is recovering from bypass surgery. He is doing well.
A few select photos from these excursions.